February & March Round Up: Galentine's Day, Twitch, and FROOT


TableTop Day shirts // This is how I edit // I've been obsessed with Skittles lately

Movies

Kick Ass 2 - I didn't like it as much as the original, although I always like seeing Hit Girl be kick ass.
The Host - Poor adaptation of the book. Juliana and I discussed The Host and movies based on books for our first episode of our In the Movies podcast... coming soon!
The Grand Budapest Hotel - It's all the delightful fun that you expect from a Wes Anderson movie.
The Pirate Fairy - I just watch all the Tinker Bell movies, okay? They're fun and the baby crocodile in this one is soooooooo cute I nearly cried.
Fast & Furious 6 - Yes, I'm so diverse and interesting that I can enjoy a Tinker Bell movie and a Fast & Furious movie equally.
Blue is the Warmest Color - I enjoy slow-paced movies like this that focus on character and relationship development.
The Emperor's New Groove - I blame Tumblr for this one. So many gifs and jokes from this movie going around that I figured I should watch it but I didn't think it was very amusing. Sorry, Tumblr.
The Lego Movie - This was just as fun as it looked and I loved it, but I couldn't help but notice the lack of female characters and gender stereotypes that it was full of.
Gone Girl - Well, if there was any small part of me that thought I might ever want to get married, this movie certainly killed it.
Life Partners - The story was pretty cliché; two female BFFs who are ridiculously close until one gets a boyfriend and moves on with her life (ie. Frances Ha) with the only twist being one of them is a lesbian.
Barbarella - I've been wanting to watch this movie for so long, but was waiting to watch it with a friend because I knew it would be a so-bad-it's-good kind of movie. Juliana and I watched it together and thought it was amazing and hilarious and crazy.

Rewatched: Bridesmaids

TV

Whose Line Is It Anyway?: Season 10 - Gotta catch up on my funnies.
Candidly Nicole - Nicole has such a knack for comedy.
Garfunkel and Oates - I love this comedy duo.
Cosmos - I love learning science with my favorite astrophysicist.
Orange is the New Black: Season 2 - I love learning more about the women's pasts.

Rewatched: Friends, Bunheads, How I Met Your Mother, Happy Endings, Doctor Who (S. 5-8), Tin Man, Alice.


YouTube

Adult Wednesday Addams, Season 2 - She has some great episodes this season, including one in which Wednesday deals with cat-callers.
VlogBrothers - I finally jumped on board the Green brothers' train, subscribing to their channels SciShow, SciShow Space, and Mental Floss as well.
KIN Fables - This beautiful three-part fairy tale is finally complete.
Candidly Nicole - I'm not sure what order these all go in, but it was short webisodes first, then a TV season, and now more webisodes, I think.
Craft Lab - Geek & Sundry's latest original show is really fun to watch.
Anna Akana - I watched all her short films in one day and was amazed.
The Creators - This short doc gives a look into what it's like to be a popular YouTuber.
Hello Giggles has been rolling out some really good web series on their channel including TALK, The Next Steps, and The Other Client List.
Every Frame a Painting - These video essays are a very interesting look into the filmmaking form.
Just Between Us - Two hilarious ladies give their very different ideas of advice.
Evan Rachel Would - This is actually an ad, but I don't even care because it's so awesome.
Epic Meal Time - I'm way behind on this, but I recently developed a slight crush/obsession with Harley Morenstein, so I'm watching him and friends make weird food that I would never eat.
Geek & Sundry Twitch - My favorite YouTube channel now has a Twitch channel. They stream every weekday with different programming. It's something I look forward to everyday. As someone who doesn't have cable/satellite/whatever, it's exciting to be watching something live, and see the hosts interact with the people in the chat. 


Music

Marina & the Diamonds - FROOT
Walk Off the Earth - Rule the World
Karmin - Along the Road

Games


Dixit - This game has been on my wishlist for a while, so I was really excited when my friend got it.
Star Trek Catan & Settlers of Catan: Seafarers Edition - We've gone a bit Catan-crazy, with one of my friends getting various expansions and extensions.
Pandemic - It can be a nice change to play a cooperative game with friends instead of competing with them.
My Little Pony Monopoly - We all agree that a Monopoly game always feels too long, but I liked the cute ponies and places.
Ticket to Ride - It's really fun and not too competitive and you can sing train songs while you play.

Videos







Fun Times


Galentine's Day - We went skating on the Rideau Canal. I've lived in the Ottawa area for almost 15 years and never been skating on the canal. I also haven't even skated since high school, so I had to buy skates just for this occasion. I used to figure skate, but it's been so long that I was really sore the next day, but I loved skating so much. I finally have something to look forward to when Winter comes again.

Recording Podcasts - Starting soon, I will have two podcasts coming at you! Juliana and I are talking movies on In the Movies and Juliana, Linda and I are talking Doctor Who on The Doctor's Companions. It's been a lot of work and a lot of fun recording the first few episodes. We're really excited to get them going and hope we have some listeners!

No comments: